You look to create popular, entertaining, informative and, hopefully, inspiring programs for your residents and my mission is to inspire all seniors to light up their lives by learning and following their passion. Whether it's immersing oneself in art, dance or voluntarism, it is crucial to wellness that we live a meaningful life that gives us joy. That's what my classes are about... opening the space, stimulated the imagination and encouraging participation.
Savvy Senior lectures and computer classes are perfect for your residents!
I'm an information junkie and bring this love of learning to my classes. I strive to excite my audiences as to the incredible amount of information they have now, literally, right at their fingertips. I show them how to surf safely and find the information they want from reliable sources. I show them how to extend their social connections through Facebook and how to be entertained by YouTube.
Each of the classes begins with a Power Point presentation on a particular subject that typically lasts about 15 or 20 minutes. From there, we typically go online to demonstrate the ideas covered. Attendees are encouraged to bring their devices to the class and/or notebooks and pens to take notes.
There is an ever-growing array of classes perfect for your activities needs. These classes are popular and well-attended because the sessions are enjoyable, I communicate easily and well and I love what I do. That enjoyment is passed along to my students.
Your residents - old enough to have a past and young enough to have a future!
"I want to thank you again for your informative presentation on the Art of Living Longer. You provided excellent information and the seniors found the talk very interesting. Having the power point and handout were good additions. In addition, you truly had positive energy and attitude which made the talk even more appealing. We look forward to working with you in the future."
- Joy Mastrocola, Senior Recreation Programmer-City of Coconut Creek
Click Here for a complete list of Classes Offered by Anne Goldberg, The Savvy Senior
(Includes The Art of Living Longer Lifestyle Classes as well as my popular Computer Classes)
Anne Goldberg, The Savvy Senior, is an investigative journalist with a special interest in how to achieve a healthy, happy extended lifespan. The Art of Living Longer Lecture Series is a wellness program for vital, successful aging; redefining what it means to grow older and bringing a whole new perspective on how we view and experience the second half of our lives. Modules build upon each other - or stand alone, and help seniors look forward to a purposeful future, rather than getting stuck in the past.
Anne incorporates wisdom from the work of Zalman Schachter-Shalome, author of "From Aging to Saging: A Profound New Vision of Growing Older", and father of the Conscious Aging movement; from the Conscious Aging Alliance, BlueZones.com, the Institute of Noetic Sciences' Conscious Aging program and other resources. Each enjoyable session provides the latest research on longevity from the perspective of mind, body and spirit.
It is my mission to get them to understand that they still have the capacity to learn new things. We talk about neuroplasticity - the brain's ability to re-map or create new neural pathways/new memories through repetition. And neuroplasticity works faster when you up the blood flow to the brain with cardio movements. There is credible evidence for this and I show it to them. There is no good reason they can't continue to experience the joy of learning new things when science shows them that, with enough repetition, they can and will learn.
- Computer Basics - a fundamental look at the basic parts of a computer and the logic behind how information is organized (HINT: Think 'file cabinet') Great for newbies and also experienced users.
- Introduction to the Internet - a brief look at its inception and an understanding of how the virtual world works; one of my most popular classes.
- Shopping Online - How to read a URL along with an introduction to the most popular shopping sites and how to use them safely.
- Connecting with the Grandkids - An introduction to social networking, in particular Facebook.
- Introduction to Skype - Covers what Skype is, how to download and get started.
- Personal Financial Software - An overview of various free and paid software for budgets and financial management
- What is the Cloud and Why Do I Care? - Explains cloud storage and its benefits; with demonstrations of DROPBOX, I-CLOUD, and GOOGLE DRIVE.
- Using MS Office - This is a series of classes that goes through all the basic functions of Word, Excel & Power Point
- Genealogy 101 - An introduction to the free and paid services that help residents research their ancestry and create family trees
- Using Your Smartphone - We go through the basics on both Androids and I-phones
- Taking Great Pictures with Smart Phones & Tablets
- Saving & Backing Up - External hard drives, cloud storage, transferring photos (fundamentally teaching Finder on Macs and Windows Explorer on PC and how to move things around)
- "How Computers Help Me Get & Stay Healthy" (as presented at the AARP May 2015 national convention in Miami)
(Classes are presented with Power Points and Wi-Fi)
I can put together a class on almost any subject, so if there is anything special you want to present to residents, we can discuss how I can make that happen for you.
The Art of Living Longer
Give your residents/group members/event attendees the tools to help them live healthier, happier lives with meaning and purpose. Working with an engaging Power Point presentation, and along with Anne's outstanding ability to draw in the audience, these one-hour lectures are suitable for all age groups.
- The Art of Living Longer: Live Long, Live Well - An introduction and overview to the ideas presented in the series.
- The Science of Aging: Neuroplasticity & Epigenetics - An introduction to the science of neuroplasticity (showing an adaptable brain) and epigenetics (proving that lifestyle choices outweigh genetics.)
- Blue Zone Living and The 8 Dimensions of Wellness - Demonstrates how lifestyle choices impact our health & wellness.
- Conscious Aging for a Happier Life - This compelling presentation offers an introduction to the ideas and principles of aging consciously.
- From Chaos to Calm: Decluttering Your Mind (aka The Zen of Aging) - This important lecture discusses the scientific and proven benefits of quieting our minds.
- Eating for Your Health: Inflammation and Food - This telling presentation shows the connection between food and inflammation, known to be the cause of all disease.
- Eating for Your Health: Your Health, Your Gut - Doctors are in agreement that our health begins with our digestive system and that disease (or dis-ease) is a function of an unhealthy gut. This class offers easy ways to create a healthier digestive tract. (Sometimes this class takes two sessions to cover.)
- Eating for Your Health: Natural Antihistamines and Allergy Control - A wonderful continuation of eating to reduce inflammation, this class focuses on strengthening the immune system and fighting allergies.
- Laughter, Humor and Health - The research is clear... laughter is good for us! This fun class is a walk with laughter and its health benefits.
- The Value of a Meaningful, Purposeful Life - Too often retirees feel irrelevant and these feelings can lead to cognitive decline, among other significant health issues. This empowering class shows the research and offers simple exercises to help residents connect with their passion and purpose in order to create meaning in their lives.
- The Enormous Benefits of Life Review - Re-framing the dramas and traumas of our lives so that we can realize how we did get through these times and the lessons and attributes we possess that got us through.
- Tell Your Story Workshop - Your stories root you into this world and make you who you are. Keep your stories alive and create a lasting impression of your life and those experiences that were the most meaningful become the most enduring.
Modules build upon each other for an expanded body of work, and also, each stands alone with compelling information. Currently there are twelve modules, with new ones being added regularly.